Disclosure - Whilst every care has been taken to ensure all of the information on this site is accurate, please always check with your dealer as errors can occur.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to Abbeygate, or otherwise used by Abbeygate as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from Abbeygate or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Abbeygate reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Abbeygate reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Abbeygate be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Please note that we use your online browsing activities to engage in remarketing or similar audiences to advertise online.
Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet.
Abbeygate Garages Ltd GDPR Policy
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Abbeygate Garages Ltd collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of Abbeygate Garages Ltd who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
Abbeygate Garages Ltd operate in Norfolk offering the following services to its clients Forecourt \ Fuel \ Shop \ Motor Trader (Sales, Service, Parts & Accident repairs).
Our Data Protection Controller and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- 01953 601602
The personal data we would like to collect and process on you is:
|Personal data type:||Source|
|Vehicle Registration Number||Direct|
|Utility Bills \ Proof of Address||Direct|
|Proof of Signature||Direct|
|Emails and Correspondence||Direct|
|V5 Log Book||Direct|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Obtaining finance for vehicle purchases
- Personal and insurance details for vehicle repairs
- Vehicle information (MOT and Service reminders)
- Creation of Number Plates
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- Signed opt in consent forms
- Finance documents
- Manufacturer’s warranty policy
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Vehicle Manufacturers
- Finance Companies
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Consent is required for Abbeygate Garages Ltd to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting Karen Cannell on 01953 601602.
Abbeygate Garages Ltd will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
3.4 Retention period
Abbeygate Garages Ltd will process personal data for ongoing ownership of the vehicle and will store the personal data for a period of seven years for tax and VAT purposes.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Abbeygate Garages Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Abbeygate Garages Ltd (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Abbeygate Garages Ltd’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory authority contact details||Data Protection Officer (DPO)|
|Contact Name:||Mike Hill||Karen Cannell|
|Address line 1:||89-91 Norwich Road||89-91 Norwich Road|
|Address line 2:||Wymondham||Wymondham|
|Address line 3:||Norfolk||Norfolk|
|Address line 4:||NR18 0SH||NR18 0SH|
|Telephone:||01953 601602||01953 601602|
3.7 Privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Abbeygate Garages Ltd, will collect and use your personal data for:
- Vehicle Sales
- Vehicle Repairs
- Vehicle Servicing
- Finance agreements
- Registration Number Plate Creation
- Recall Notices
- Service Notifications (MOT, Services etc)
Why does Abbeygate Garages Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with our services we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Abbeygate Garages Ltd would contact you for additional consent.
Will Abbeygate Garages Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Abbeygate Garages Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Abbeygate Garages Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Abbeygate Garages Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Abbeygate Garages Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Abbeygate Garages Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Abbeygate Garages Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Abbeygate Garages Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Abbeygate Garages Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Abbeygate Garages Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this? Abbeygate Garages Ltd accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving License
- Valid Photo ID
- Birth Certificate
- Bank Statement
- Utility Bill
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
|Data Protection Officer contact details|
|Contact Name:||Karen Cannell|
|Address line 1:||89-91 Norwich Road|
|Address line 2:||Wymondham|
|Address line 3:||Norfolk|
|Address line 4:||NR18 0SH|